1 (16 ounce) cans
MINUTE White Rice, uncooked
- Combine milk, pumpkin, rice, sugar, cinnamon, ginger, salt and cloves to a boil in a large saucepan.
- Stir mixture constantly.
- Reduce heat to low; simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove pan from heat.
- Beat eggs and vanilla in a large bowl. Slowly stir in hot pumpkin mixture, blending well after each addition. (This lowers the temperature of the mixture, you don't want to add it at once, because you might end up with scrambled eggs. Not very appetizing! Or just whisk some of the hot mixture into the eggs. Then pour all into the hot mixture.)
- Pour into greased 2 quart casserole.
- Bake at 375 F for 45 to 50 minutes or until pudding is set. Cool slightly.
- Serve warm or refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Garnish as desired. Dollop of whipped cream, dash of cinnamon, maybe.
- Put leftovers in the refrigerator.