boneless skinless chicken breast halves
Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
( do not substitute anything else for this...it must be butter for the dish to turn out)
lemon rind, finely grated
lemon, juice of
12 -16 ounces
( or other pasta of your choice)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Brush Dijon mustard liberally on both sides of chicken and coat in bread crumbs.
- Place in 13 X 9 baking dish.
- In small sauce pan, melt butter over low heat and stir in lemon juice, finely grated lemon rind, salt and pepper.
- Pour over chicken breasts in pan.
- Bake uncovered for 45 minutes, basting with pan drippings every 15 minutes.
- Fifteen minutes before chicken is done, cook pasta according to package directions.
- Drain and keep warm.
- When chicken is done, transfer breasts to platter and scrape the lemon butter sauce and crunchy browned butter bits from the pan and toss with the cooked, drained pasta.