236.59 ml chopped toasted hazelnuts (filberts) or 236.59 ml
packed brown sugar
56.69 g semisweet chocolate or 56.69 g
bittersweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- Grease a large baking sheet with butter; set aside.
- Stir together the 1/3 cup granulated sugar and water in a heavy medium saucepan. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until boiling.
- Cook for 2 -/2 to 3-1/2 minutes more or until syrup is a deep golden brown. Remove from heat.
- Stir in nuts. Immediately pour onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Cool completely on a wire rack until firm.
- Transfer the firm praline to a heavy plastic bag.
- Using a rolling pin, crush the praline into small pieces; set aside.
- For cookies, beat the 1 cup butter in a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds.
- Add brown sugar, the 1/2 cup granulated sugar, and baking soda; beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla until combined. Beat in as much of the flour as you can. Stir in remaining flour and crushed praline.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoons 2 inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 13 to 15 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on cookie sheet for 1 minute. Transfer to wire racks and cool completely.
- Drizzle melted chocolate over cookies.