raw peanuts, Nut House Virginia Raw Peanuts
salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 325-350 degrees.
- In a large black (iron) skillet, over medium heat, pour in water and sugar. Stir to mix.
- Add in vanilla and cinnamon.
- Pour in peanuts and mix together in the sugar water mixture.
- Make sure all the peanuts are wet and coated in the mixture.
- Bring water mixture to a boil stirring occasionally.
- As water begins to evaporate watch the nuts carefully.
- CRITICAL: As water is evaporating stir nuts and once there is no more water left and the nuts are dry pour onto a cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle with salt over the top and bake for approximately 10 minutes.
- Stir nuts then bake 10 more minutes.
- Pour onto cool tray and let the nuts cool down.
- These store really well in ziploc bags and are good to ship as gifts.