1 (11 ounce) cans
mandarin oranges, drained, reserve juice
mandarin orange liquid, from can of oranges and water up to 1-1/3 cup mark
1 (10 ounce) cans
frozen concentrated orange juice, undiluted, divided
- Stir the sugar and cornstarch together in heavy-bottom saucepan.
- Drain the mandarin oranges over a 2-cup measuring cup. Add water up to the 1-1/3 cup mark.
- Add liquid mixture to sugar and cornstarch in saucepan. Stir over medium heat until thickened. Remove from heat.
- Add the butter and one half of the can of undiluted orange juice. (Make the rest into orange juice for drinking).
- Add the mandarin oranges and stir gently.
- Heat gently over low heat for a couple of minutes, if desired, stirring occasionally.