cooked turkey, chopped
water, to cover
- Using a large piece of cheesecloth, bundle up the carcass and add 1/2 white onion and a handfull of celery tops.
- Tie the bundle securely.
- Boil turkey bundle for about 5 to 6 hours. In the meantime, mix salt and 5 eggs and whip with fork until lemon yellow. Add 6 tablespoon water.
- Pour over the 5 cups of flour in a large bowl. mix well, scraping sides. Turn out onto counter, mine is wood so it does not stick, even without extra flour. You may need to flour yours first. Get your husband or teenage son.or rent one for the occasion, lol. Have them knead the dough till it gets smooth and almost glossy.
- I use my Pasta Queen hand crank pasta maker at this point. Go to Ukrainian Lokshyna (egg noodles) to find out how to hand roll them.
- After making them, toss with flour to prevent sticking to each other and lay them out till needed.
- When ready to add to the soup, shake off excess flour.
- After the carcass is done boiling take the bundle out and put it in a bowl to drain - do NOT open bundle yet!
- Strain soup through a fine mesh strainer and return to pot. Pour drained liquid from bundle and after straining add this to pot also.
- Bring broth to a boil and add carrots Boil for 8 minutes then add celery, turkey and noodles. Make sure noodles do not clump when added by stirring while adding.
- Cook soup for 9 minutes more.
- Soup's on!