1 (18 1/4 ounce) packages
butter recipe cake mix
bananas, very large and very ripe
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 degrees C).
- Grease and flour two cake pans and set aside.
- Mash banana and set aside.
- Combine cake mix and baking soda in the large bowl of an electric mixer.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and beat on low speed until combined (about one minute).
- Beat at medium speed for 4-5 minutes.
- Divide batter between the two pans and bake 30-35 minutes or until center of cake springs back with lightly tapped. (A tooth pick stuck in the center may leave a slight crumb.).
- Allow to cool on a wire rack and frost.