1 (9 inch)
prepared pie pastry
dark brown sugar, firmly packed
1 1/2 teaspoons
canned pumpkin puree
eggs, lightly beaten
1 3/4 cups
whipping cream, unwhipped
whipped cream, for topping sweetened to taste and flavored with
- Set oven to 375 degrees (set oven to second-lowest position).
- Prepare a 9-inch glass pie plate.
- Fit the prepared pastry in a 9-inch glass pie plate and flute edges.
- Prick holes in the bottom of the crust then refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Line, weight and bake the shell for 8 minutes (second-lowest rack).
- For the filling; In a bowl combine brown sugar, white sugar, flour, molasses, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves and salt.
- Add in eggs and whipping cream; whisk to combine well.
- Pour the filling into prepared pie plate.
- Place the pie plate on a baking sheet.
- Bake for about 40 minutes or until the filling is set.
- Let cook then serve with whipped cream.
- *NOTE* I also have the original recipe for their pastry if you would like it just message me.