1 cup butter or 1 cup
light corn syrup
nuts, broken pieces
semi-sweet chocolate baking squares, melted
nuts, finely chopped
- Butter a 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- In a 2-quart saucepan, melt the butter over low heat. Remove from heat and add sugar, stirring until well-blended.
- Return to low heat and stir rapidly until the mixture reaches a full rolling boil. Add water and corn syrup. Mix well.
- Stir and cook over low heat to the soft crack stage (290F degrees).
- Remove from heat and add 3/4 cup nuts at once.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking pan and quickly spread with a spatula.
- When cool, remove from the pan and place on waxed paper.
- Spread the melted chocolate over the top. Sprinkle with finely chopped nuts.
- Allow the chocolate to set before breaking into serving-size pieces.