( 25 caramels)
1 1/2 cups
semi-sweet chocolate baking squares
- Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Melt caramels with the heavy cream over hot water in a double boiler.
- Let cool about 10 minutes.
- Arrange pecan halves in groups of three on the prepared baking sheet. (One pecan half for the head of the turtle and two for the legs.).
- Spoon melted caramel over the nuts, leaving the tips of the nuts showing.
- Let stand at least 30 minutes to set.
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler. Remove from heat and stir until smooth. Cool.
- Spread the chocolate over the caramel - don't cover the tips of the pecans.
- Allow to set.