1 -2 teaspoon
- Stir together the cranberries, sugar, and water in a 2-qt. saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture comes to a boil, 5-10 minutes.
- Continue cooking, stirring often, until cranberries pop and mixture thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon, 3-4 minutes longer.
- Remove pan from heat; cool 30 minutes.
- Stir in the vanilla; transfer to a bowl, cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Bring to room temperature before using, or if serving as a sauce, warm in the microwave for 1-2 minutes, stirring once, until desired consistency is reached.