graham cracker crumbs
crispy crushed gingersnaps
whipping cream, unwhipped
cream cheese, softened
1 1/2 cups
1 1/2 cups
- Set oven to 350 degrees (300 degrees for convection-bake oven).
- Prepare a 10-inch springform pan.
- To make the crust; in a bowl place the melted butter with graham cracker crumbs, crushed gingersnaps, brown sugar and cinnamon; mix with a fork until combined.
- Line bottom and side with parchment paper or wax paper, then spray with nonstick spray.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of the pan.
- For the filling; pour the whipping cream into a medium bowl and beat just until soft peaks form; refrigerate until ready to use.
- In a bowl beat the cream cheese with electric mixer until fluffy; gradually add in sugar, beating well until combined.
- Add in eggs one at a time and beat the mixture until fluffy.
- Stir in pumpkin puree, ginger, cinnamon and cloves.
- Remove the whipped cream from the refrigerator and lightly whisk to reblend.
- Using a spatula or a flat spoon fold in the whipped cream into the cream cheese-pumpkin mixture.
- Pour the mixture into preapred crust.
- Wrap one continuous sheet of heavy foil around the springform pan then press firmly against the pan.
- Place the wrapped pan in a baking pan and fill with hot water to halfway up the spring form pan.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes.
- Cool the cheesecake to room temperature, the chill for at least 5 hours or until the cake is thoroughly chilled.
- Remove the sides of the springform pan.
- Just before serving place the pecan halves on top of the cheescake in a ring around the edges.