1 -2 tablespoon
( I used Monterey Jack but a combination of cheeses or your favorite cheese will work well)
- Whisk together the eggs, egg whites, chives, salt and pepper (I used a lot of pepper) in a bowl.
- In a large skillet melt butter over medium heat.
- Add egg mixture to pan, cooking for a few minutes until almost set, lifting sides so egg mixture can run under.
- Grate (or sprinkle) cheese over top of eggs (I grated it right over the eggs) and cook a few more minutes until cheese melts.
- Fold 1/3 of the omelet over the center and then the other side over the center.
- Turn omelet onto plate and cut in half or thirds.