1 1/2 lbs
veal shoulder chops
( I used shoulder blade chops with bone)
1 1/2 lbs
zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
1 1/4 lbs
red potatoes, small
( 10 or 12 to a pound)
sweet onion, medium to large
( chopped coarsely)
extra virgin olive oil
( I used a Riesling)
garlic cloves, grated
( It's quicker than mincing)
Tomatoes, canned petite diced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Use a 9 x 13 glass baking dish.
- Rub or brush chops with olive oil, both sides. Then sprinkle salt and pepper, to taste.
- Place chops in baking dish.
- Mix garlic and thyme into the wine, then pour over meat.
- Arrange zucchini over the chops, then add the potatoes.
- Pour can of tomatoes over all.
- Cover tightly with foil, and bake for one hour at 400 degrees.
- Remove vegetables to plates, then the chops. Ready to eat! We topped it with fresh grated Romano cheese and crushed red pepper. OPTIONAL: Thicken the liquid with cornstarch to make a gravy.