- Sift flour, soda, baking powder, salt & white sugar together.
- Add brown sugar and softened shortening, blend until crumbly.
- Stir in oatmeal.
- You can store this mix in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
- When ready to bake, stir 1 egg and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract into 2 cups of mix.
- If desired, add any chips, nuts, etc.
- Put mix (2 tablespoons per cookie or one level ice cream scoop-full - see picture) on a lightly greased cookie sheet and bake 12-15 minutes in a 350 degree oven until lightly browned.
- Let cool on wire rack.