garlic cloves, finely chopped
sweet potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
butter, for greasing dish
leeks, finely sliced
2 3/4 ounces
gruyere cheese, grated
whole wheat breadcrumbs, fresh
( to taste)
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Mix the oil, garlic and crème fraîche together in a large bowl.
- Add the sweet potato slices and toss until coated.
- Lightly grease a gratin dish.
- Layer in sweet potato mixture and leeks ending with potato on the top.
- Top with cheese and breadcrumbs or just the cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, removing foil for the last 5 minutes of the cooking time.