( 20 slices)
( sliced thinly off the bone or shaved ham from the deli)
- Mix the softened butter with the mustard and spread on the bread slices.
- Cover half of them with the ham and then place the remaining slices on top, butter side up.
- Place a sheet of baking paper on a tray and place on sandwiches. This can now be covered with plastic wrap & placed in the fridge until about 15 minutes before cooking to allow the sandwiches to come back to room temperature.
- Toast the sandwiches under a hot grill butter side up until golden brown.
- Turn them over and cover generously with grated cheese making sure you cover right to the edges so the crusts don't burn.
- Return to under the hot grill and cook until the cheese is bubbling and golden brown.
- Transfer to a board and cut into halves or quarters and serve immediately. Enjoy :).