bicarbonate of soda
( baking soda)
cream of tartar
( all-purpose flour)
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs and beat well.
- Add sifted dry ingredients and mix well. (The dough will be quite sticky).
- Place teaspoonfuls approx 4cm apart onto a baking sheet either greased or lined with baking paper.
- Make an indentation in the top of each biscuit (I use 2 teaspoons to "dig" a little hole) and fill with your choice of jam.
- Bake at 180deg C for 15 mins or until lightly golden.
- Cool on wire rack and enjoy!