dry-roasted unsalted peanuts
desiccated coconut, toasted
( dried, grated coconut)
very ripe pineapple
1 tablespoon walnuts or 1 tablespoon
garlic cloves, minced
( try to use a fresh blend)
( Indonesian chili paste)
1 1/2 cups
onion, finely chopped
salt, to taste
- Grind half the peanuts together with half the coconut and set aside.
- Peel and core the pineapple. Cut into 1 1/2 by 1 1/2 inch dice.
- Heat the oil in a wok; add the onion and cook until translucent; add the garlic, curry powder and sambal oelek; mix well.
- Add the pineapple, coconut milk, fish sauce, sugar and salt, to taste; simmer 5-8 minutes over medium heat, until sauce thickens slightly.
- Add the ground peanuts and coconut.
- Transfer to a heated platter; garnish with the remaining peanuts and the grated coconut.