cauliflower heads, - 1 x-large chopped roughly
celery & leaves, about 3 stalks chopped
onions, about 1/2 chopped
flour, - 2 stuffed tablespoons
cream of tartar
chicken consomme, Chicken Style Pareve
dried thyme, fresh
1% low-fat milk
pepper, freshly grounded
- Heat the oil in a large pot.
- Add the chopped celery and onion, sprinkle with a dash of salt, and fry over medium-high heat.
- When the onion and celery are soft and you can smell the aroma, move them to one side of the pot and melt the butter on the other side.
- Sprinkle the flour and cream of tartar on the melted butter, and combine to a smooth dough using a wooden spoon.
- Add a small amount of water and diluite the dough. Make sure there are no lumps.
- Slowly add the rest of the water and combine all.
- Add consomme and mix.
- Add cauliflowers and mix.
- Add thyme and milk and mix.
- Taste and add salt and freshly grounded pepper.
- Bring to a boil: be careful it might boil-over!
- Lower heat to medium-low, partially cover and simmer for additional 10-15 minutes until cauliflower is al-dente but not mushy.
- At this stage you may serve the soup as it is or you may mash using a hand blender, or roughly mush using potato masher.
- Serve hot and enjoy!