1 (12 ounce) cans
evaporated goat's milk
- On low heat combine evaporated goat milk, sugar, and butter. It's best to use a non-stick pan and a wooden spoon!
- Stir often until a pale golden color is reached (about 25 minutes).
- Raise heat so it's between low and medium. Continue to cook stirring constantly to prevent scorching. The cajeta will start to become thick in another 25 minutes or so.
- Cook until the sauce is no longer runny and can slowly flow from the spoon, it should be somewhat thick or at soft ball stage (240°F).
- Enjoy! This is best served over ice cream, apples, or even by itself. The sauce will begin to thicken more as it cools.