1 1/2 teaspoons
1 1/3 cups
all-purpose flour, unsifted
peppermint candy, crushed and divided
powdered sugar, for rolling
- Oven 325.
- Beat together butter and powdered sugar until creamy.
- Mix in vanilla extract.
- Add flour, oats and salt.
- Combine well.
- Stir in 1/4 cup crushed candy canes.
- Roll rounded teaspoonfuls of the dough in the 1/2 cup powdered sugar.
- Place balls about 2 inches apart on a greased cookie sheet.
- Flatten with a fork in a criss-cross pattern and sprinkle cookies with about 1/4 tsp of remaining crushed candy canes.
- Bake at 325 for 18-20 minutes or until the edges of the cookies are SLIGHTLY brown.
- Let cookies cool on the pan for about 2 minutes, and then transfer to a rack to cool.