whole 9 inch pie shell, unbaked
( homemade or purchased)
1 1/4 cups
granulated garlic powder
grated swiss cheese
canned flaked ham
( 2 - 6 1/2 oz. cans)
sweet red pepper, seeded and sliced into long thin strips, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, combine eggs, cream cheese, half & half cream, salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper and garlic powder; mix well to blend.
- Layer grated Swiss cheese over the bottom of the unbaked pie shell.
- Layer flaked ham over Swiss cheese.
- Layer 1/2 of the red pepper strips over the cheese.
- Pour egg mixture over the top.
- Top with remaining sweet red pepper strips, placing them diagonally (from centre to outside) in a decorative manner.
- Place in oven on middle rack and bake in preheated 350 F oven for 50 to 60 minutes or until cooked through. Test for doneness by inserting a toothpick or a wooden skewer into the middle of the Quiche; it should come out clean.
- Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting and serving.