eggs, lightly beaten
1 1/2 cups
freshly gated parmesan cheese
1 1/2 teaspoons
( I use seasoned salt)
( can use more)
dried Italian seasoning
( rubbed between fingers to release the flavor)
thick-cut pork chops
- Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- Butter a 13 x 9-inch baking dish or a medium jelly-roll baking sheet (or use a baking dish large enough to hold the chops in).
- In a bowl whisk together the eggs with milk.
- In a shallow dish mix together the dry breadcrumbs with Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, salt, black pepper, cayenne, parsley and Italian seasoning.
- Let the chops sit at room temperature for about 45 minutes.
- Heat oil and butter in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Dip the chops into the egg/milk mixture (allowing any excess to drip off of the chops).
- Coat in the breadcrumb mixture completely.
- Brown the chops in the skillet on both sides (about 4-5 minutes per side) sprinkling both sides with seasoned salt when browning (you may omit this step if desired and just bake in the oven).
- Place in prepared baking dish.
- Bake the chops for about 25 minutes or until cooked (the cooking time will vary depending on how thick your chops are).