1 slice colby cheese or 1 slice
monterey jack cheese
8 slices Italian bread or 8 slices sourdough bread or 8 slices white bread or 8 slices
whole wheat bread
green onions, sliced
tomato, seeded and chopped
8 teaspoons butter or 8 teaspoons
- Place cheese slices on 4 slices bread. Top with onions, tomato and remaining bread.
- Spread 1 t of the butter over each top slice of bread.
- Place sandwiches, butter sides down, in skillet.
- Spread remaining butter over top slices of bread.
- Cook uncovered over medium heat about 5 minutes or until bottoms are golden brown.
- Turn and cook 2 to 3 minutes or until bottoms are golden brown and cheese is melted.
- Cut sandwiches into wedges or sticks, using pizza cutter.