1 cup coarse salt or 1 cup
oolong tea bags
ginger, sliced lenghtwise
fresh sage leaves
- In a very large pot (big enough to hold turkey) bring all the brine ingredients but turkey to boil then lower heat to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove tea bags.
- Add washed and towel dried turkey to apple mixture and cover with ice cold water making sure turkey is completely submerged adding more water if needed.
- Refrigerate for 10 to 15 hours just so the turkey absorbs the brine.
- Remove turkey from brine discard brine and rinse turkey towel dry inside and out.
- Proceed with grilling, frying, roasting your turkey just remember brined foods will cook quicker!