garlic cloves, chopped
yellow onion, chopped
2 (15 ounce) cans
fresh basil, chopped
fresh thyme, left whole
2 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans or 2 (15 ounce) cans butter beans or 2 (15 ounce) cans
other white beans, drained and rinsed
( use less if you like a thicker soup)
- Saute garlic and onion in olive oil until tender.
- Add tomatoes and herbs and cook until heated through. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add beans and broth, and cook until soup simmers. Check for seasoning.
- Just before serving, add spinach a handful at a time, until wilted.
- Serve--very good with a hunk of crusty bread and a salad.