1/2 cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese or 1/2 cup
monterey jack cheese, shredded
green chilies, chopped
green onions, chopped
red peppers, chopped
( cilantro-based seasoning)
chili powder, to taste
salt, to taste
( or more, to taste)
red pepper flakes, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine cooked rice with cheese, chilies, and green onions.
- Mix together.
- In a small bowl, stir together sour cream, Recaito, cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper.
- Add to rice mixture and stir thoroughly.
- Spray an oven-proof casserole dish with vegetable oil spray.
- Spread rice mixture in casserole bake uncovered for approximately 3040 minutes until cheese melts.
- Top with additional cheese, if desired.