1 (12 ounce) packages
frozen unsweetened raspberries
( about 3 cups)
1 1/2 tablespoons
grated lemons, rind of
fresh lemon juice
1 (1 liter) bottle chilled sparkling water or 1 (1 liter) bottle
- Combine frozen raspberries, sugar and 1/2 cup water in medium saucepan.
- Stir over medium heat until sugar dissolves and berries thaw.
- Increase heat and boil 3 minutes.
- Strain raspberry mixture into bowl, pressing on solids to extract as much liquid as possible; discard solids in stainer.
- Mix lemon peel into raspberry syrup in bowl.
- Chill until cold.
- Stir raspberry syrup, lemon juice, and sparkling water in large pitcher to blend.
- Fill 6 glasses with ice cubes.
- Pour raspberry lemonade into glasses.
- Add fresh raspberries to each glass, if desired.
- Garnish with lemon slices and serve.