fresh pumpkin, peeled & seeded
fresh ground black pepper
1 teaspoon ground cumin or 1 teaspoon
- Pre-heat oven to 200 C or 400°F.
- Quarter and then carefully peel and seed the pumpkin.
- Cut into chunky 2" cubes.
- Place pumpkin into a large & sturdy roasting tray.
- Add the olive oil, salt, pepper & cumin - mix well, making sure that all the pumpkin pieces are coated in olive oil.
- Bake in the oven for about 30 to 45 minutes or until the pumpkin is soft & also tinged brown at the edges.
- Serve with a main meal as the vegetable dish OR freeze for future savoury pumpkin recipes. I also make soup from this - as well as pasta dishes too - recipes to be posted for those!