sweet onion, sliced thin
red potatoes, diced
roasted red pepper, diced
78.07 ml whole milk or 78.07 ml
- In a large skillet heat the oil and saute the onions with the rosemary & thyme.
- Once the onions are soft, add the chicken stock & pepper and saute until the liquid is gone.
- Set aside the onion mixture.
- In the same skillet, brown the ground turkey.
- add about half of the chile relish, the potatoe and carrot.
- Cook over med-high heat, stirring occasionally until the potatoes are about 1/2 cooked. Probably about 10-15 minutes.
- Taste for spicyness/heat. Continue adding chile relish with following steps until you get the desired flavor.
- Add celery, roasted pepper, and onion mixture. Stir together and simmer 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- In a separate bowl beat the eggs. Set aside about 2 Tbsp of the egg to use as an egg wash.
- Mix in mustard, cheese, milk or cream, and bread crumbs.
- Stir mustard mix in to the meat.
- Scoop about 2/3 C of mixture onto a 6" diameter circle of dough.
- Fold the dough over to make a 1/2 circle and crimp shut.
- Put the empanadas on a cookie sheet, about 6 to a sheet.
- Brush with the egg wash (add a little milk to make lighter, a little salt to make shiny).
- Bake in a 400 degree oven 20-30 minutes, until crusts are golden brown.
- OR Freeze in individual bags, or with waxed paper separating individual empanadas in a bag. To cook frozen ones, use a 400 degree oven, just cook a bit longer until hot through and nicely browned.