strawberry, stemmed and halved
- In a heavy saucepan, combine the guava paste, the strawberries, the water, and 1 cup of the sugar.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, and let it simmer for 10 minutes.
- In a cup, combine the 2 tablespoons sugar and pectin. Stir well.
- Add this mixture to the boiling guava-strawberry liquid.
- Stir well, and let the mixture boil for at least 2 minutes to activate the pectin.
- Remove the pan from the heat, and add the lime rind.
- With a potato masher or immersion blender, mash the jam well.
- Pour it into a sturdy plastic container with a tight-fitting lid.
- Let the jam cool, then cover it.
- Chill it for at least 2 hours before serving.
- The jam will keep in the refrigerator for at least 1 month.