semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
white creme de menthe
raspberries, for garnish
fresh mint leaves, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- In the top of a double boiler over gently simmering water, melt the chocolate. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, combine the half and half and cream and bring to a boil. Remove from the heat.
- Place the egg yolks and creme de menthe in a blender. Pour the melted chocolate into the blender and add the cream mixture. Blend on medium speed 15 to 20 seconds, until all the ingredients are well combined.
- Pour the mixture into eight 6-ounce ramekins or custard cups, filling each one about two-thirds full. Place the ramekins in a 9- by 13-inch baking pan. Place the pan in the oven and pour in enough boiling water to come about halfway up the sides of the ramekins. Bake about 40 minutes, or until the custard is set.
- Remove the ramekins from the water bath and let them cool completely on a wire rack. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours. Garnish each pot de creme with raspberries and mint leaves.