1 (18 1/4 ounce) packages
white cake mix
( I used a vanilla)
egg, slightly beaten
pure maple syrup
light brown sugar, firmly packed
1 1/2 cups
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- For the bottom layer, in a large bowl, combine cake mix, butter and egg.
- Stir until mixture forms a thick dough.
- Press evenly into the bottom and 1/2 inch up the sides of a 9 x 13 inch baking pan.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until golden.
- Meanwhile, for the top layer, in a large bowl, combine syrup, sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- Beat with an electric mixer until well combined.
- Stir in walnuts.
- Pour over hot bottom layer; spread to cover the entire surface.
- Bake 22 to 25 minutes or until the top layer just starts to set.
- Cool completely in pan.
- Cut into bars.