2 1/2 cups
fresh mushrooms, sliced
1 -2 piece
skinless chicken breast
( cut into 1/2 inch pieces, if you hagve a large piece, then 1 piece will be sufficient)
5 1/2 cups
1 1/2 cups
dry white wine
garlic cloves, crushed
of grated parmesan cheese
of chopped fresh parsley
salt & pepper
- In a large pot heat oil and add mushrooms and chicken and cook through until cooked. Remove from pot.
- Using the same pot, add butter and saute onions and garlic in butter and leftover oil mixture until translucent. Add the rice and stir until the rice turns opaque - about two minutes.
- Add the wine, salt and pepper to the rice and stir frequently until the wine has been absorbed into the rice.
- Add 1/2 cup of the heated chicken stock and stir frequently until absorbed. The rice and broth should bubble gently.
- Continue to cook the rice, adding chicken stock 1/2 cup at a time and allowing the rice to absorb it before adding the next 1/2 cup.
- Cook rice this way until tender which should take about 25-30 minutes.
- Just before the last batch of stock has been absorbed into the rice, add the chicken and mushroom mixture back into the pot. Stir through.
- Add 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese, the parsley and the cream and stir through.
- Remove from heat when all the remaining stock has been absorbed and the risotto mix is a thick creamy consistency.
- Serve immediately. The remaining parmesan can be added to each serve if requested.