onion, finely chopped
toasted pinhead oats
( to cover)
beef bouillon cube
( or equivalent powdered beef bouillon -- Oxo if you can find it)
salt and pepper
( Bisto if you can find it)
- Heat the oil in a pan and sauté the onion until it is brown.
- Add in the mince and cook until well browned.
- Drain off the liquid.
- Add the carrots and oatmeal, mix well and pour in enough water to just cover.
- Crumble in the stock cubes, season and stir.
- Cover the pan and simmer the mince for about 20 minutes.
- Once the mince is cooked thicken the mince with about 3 teaspoons of gravy powder or cornstarch mixed with a little cold water.
- Serve the mince with boiled potatoes.