bread, whole round loaf, unsliced
( see the description above for suggestions)
cooked pumpkin, mashed, unseasoned
( canned is fine)
light cream cheese, at room temperature
Mexican seasoning, blend
pumpkin pie spice
( to taste)
deli ham, thinly sliced, cut into small pieces
red bell pepper, diced
green bell pepper, diced
1 (63.78 g) can
black olives, sliced, drained
- Beat together the pumpkin, cream cheese, Mexican seasoning blend,garlic powder, and pumpkin pie spice -- test seasoning and adjust to your liking. (NOTE:if your Mexican seasoning is not salty/peppery enough you may wish to add a bit of salt & pepper to taste as well, cayenne pepper if you want it zesty).
- Gently stir in diced bell peppers, the ham, and the olives to combine.
- Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Before serving, cut off the top of your round loaf of bread and scoop out the middle, forming a bread bowl and lid (see description above for more complete suggestions) and fill the cavity with the dip.
- Serve dip with assorted fresh veggies, crackers, chunks of torn bread, etc.