egg, room temperature
orange zest, grated
1/2 cup nuts, chopped or 1/2 cup raisins or 1/2 cup
chocolate chips, if using
- Heat oven to 400F/200°C.
- Mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In another large mixing bowl, mix butter, sugar and egg thoroughly. Stir in orange juice and rind.
- Sift dry ingredients into wet ingredients and blend together.
- Drop rounded teaspoonfuls of dough about 2" apart on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until delicately browned on edges.
- Remove from cookie sheets and cool completely. Store in an airtight container.