1 1/2 lbs
boneless round steak
salt and pepper
garlic powder or
2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans
cream of mushroom soup
- Cut the round steak into pieces about the size for one serving -- maybe 2-3 inches by 4-5 inches.
- Season meat with salt, pepper, garlic.
- Dredge in white flour (both sides).
- Brown meat in 1/2 cup (+/-) oil in skillet or bottom of pressure cooker.
- Empty the soup cans into the pressure cooker. (If you used it for browning, be sure to pour off excess oil.).
- Add the meat -- unless it's still in the pressure cooker :).
- Mix meat gently into soup concentrate, making sure that each piece is coated on both sides.
- Following the directions for your pressure cooker, cover and seal.
- Place the “rocker” on the top steam vent.
- Cook over medium-high heat.
- When the “rocker” begins rocking, you can reduce heat as long as it keeps rocking.
- Cook for ten to twelve minutes, then remove from heat.
- Following directions for your cooker, allow to cool on a trivet or hasten the cooling with water running into a sink.
- DO NOT remove the rocker until the pressure has gone down.
- Open lid when the pressure lock permits.
- Serve hot with mashed potatoes and vegetable of your choice.
- (Increase or decrease amounts carefully! The amount of meat can be varied, but doubling the meat doesn't mean you need to double the amount of oil.).