1 1/2 cups sliced fresh white mushrooms or 1 1/2 cups
brown button mushrooms
1 -2 cup
- In a deep skillet over medium heat brown chicken breast in 1/2 stick butter until golden brow.
- Remove chicken from skillet to plate and keep warm with foil.
- Add additonal butter and sautee' shallots and mushrooms until shallots are translucent and mushrooms tender.
- Sprinkle flour evenly over shallots and mushrooms mix and cook over medium heat until bubbly and slightly thickened.
- Add 1/2 cup chicken broth and sherry and mix well with mushroom mixture let cook 5 minute.
- Add chicken back into skillet and add more chicken broth until liquid comes up the sides of the breasts- don't completely cover with liquid.
- Cover and let simmer on med-low heat until chicken is very tender about 30 minute.
- Don't let chicken dry out! If needed add more chicken broth if needed.
- Remove chicken and stir sauce to scrap up bits on bottom.
- Salt and pepper to taste,sauce should be slightly thicken enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Serve chicken and sauce over mashed potatoes.