unsalted butter, room temperature
1 1/2 cups
( Italian liqueur)
- For the cookies:
- Cream butter and confectioner’s sugar with hand mixer. Stir in flour, lemon zest, limoncello, and salt until dough forms.
- Roll into log, about 1 1/2 inches wide and 10 inches long. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill for a few hours or overnight.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line cookie sheet with greased parchment paper. Take golf-ball-size piece of dough and roll between palms to form a lemon shape. Flatten until dough is 1/4 inch to 1/2 inch thick.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until cookies just begin to brown on bottom. The dough will not expand on cookie sheet.
- Remove from oven and cool completely.
- For the glaze: Mix sugar and limoncello together in small bowl.
- When cookies have cooled completely, drizzle glaze over top or spread on lightly with knife.