1 1/2 lbs
boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 (14 1/2 ounce) cans
fat-free chicken broth
1 1/2 cups
1% low-fat milk
red potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
1 1/2 cups
baby carrots, quartered
green beans, chopped
frozen phyllo dough, thawed
grated parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 350°F Coat a 3-quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Heat 2 teaspoons of the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Season chicken with 1/4 teaspoon of the salt and 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper. Cook 8 minutes, turning halfway through cooking time. Transfer to a plate.
- Add remaining oil, onion and celery; cook 3 minutes. Stir in garlic, and flour and cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Gradually stir in broth and milk. Cook, stirring, until mixture comes to a boil.
- Add potatoes, carrots, green beans, remaining salt and pepper. Cover; cook on medium-low, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes.
- Stir in chicken, parsley, and sage. Spoon mixture into prepared baking dish.
- Unroll phyllo. Place 1 sheet on top of chicken mixture; lightly coating with cooking spray. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of the cheese. Repeat layering. Tuck edges of phyllo inside rim of baking dish.
- Place baking dish on a baking sheet; bake at 350°F for 35 to 40 minutes or until filling is bubbly. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.