For Biscuit Base
crushed Oreo cookies, cream removed
crushed digestive biscuits
( MW on high for 1 minute)
For Cheese Filling
70% valrhona guanaja in beans dark chocolate
( melted via double boil)
- Mix biscuit crumbs with melted butter. Toss biscuit crumbs into a lined 18cm cake pan and press firmly. Bake biscuit base at 160C for 12 minutes. Cool for use later.
- Cream cheese with sugar till smooth and creamy.
- Add in egg one at at time and beat till well blended.
- Using low speed, beat in the sour cream and milk.
- Divide batter into 2 equal portions of about 490g per portion.
- Stir melted chocolate and rum into 1 portion of batter till well blended.
- Add lemon juice into the other portion of the batter.
- Spoon 1 ladle full of plain batter into the middle of the biscuit base, then 1 ladle full of the chocolate batter on top of the plain batter. Alternate between the two batters till all batter is used up.
- Bake at 160C for 50 - 60 minutes till the circumference of the cake is cooked. The centre of the cake could be wobbly. Remove cake and cool for 1 hour. Chilled cake for at least 3 hours before serving, or overnight for better flavour.