( skinned and chopped)
1 1/2 teaspoons
salsa, if desired
- In a medium frying pan, add tomatoes, onion, mushrooms, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, and 1/2 teaspoon of paprika.
- Saute over medium heat until the onions are translucent.
- Keep hot till eggs are ready.
- Mix eggs, salt, onion powder, and 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder in bowl.
- Heat a well oiled frying pan over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Pour mixture into pan.
- Move pan to shape mixture into an even circle.
- If an large bubbles should appear while there is still liquid mixture, pop bubble using knife.
- Once cooked approximately 1/2 way through, flip eggs using large spatula.
- Immediately add 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese, spread evenly.
- When cheese starts to melt, use spatula to slide eggs to a plate.
- Stack filling mixture on 1/2 of the circle of eggs while filling is hot.
- Using spatula, carefully close the omelet, hold closed till the filling melts the cheese.
- Top with salsa, if desired.
- Note: I used Leah's Easy Food Processor Salsa for the salsa on top -- YUMMY!