1 (15 ounce) cans
oil, for dipping tortillas
chopped green onion, for top
tomato, chopped for top
sour cream, for top
- Use 9x9 pan--preheat oven to 350°F; get everything organized before you start. This makes it twice as fast.
- Chop onion, tomato, even some lettuce if you want.
- Grate cheese.
- Heat enchilada sauce in pan on stove to medium--have a ladle handy in sauce.
- Heat oil in skillet on stove--medium hot.
- With tongs, dip a tortilla in hot oil on each side about 5 seconds each. Put in casserole pan and pour some sauce over tortillas to cover them. Add some chopped onion and grated cheese. Continue --.
- Repeat as far as you want to go, ending with tortilla-sauce-cheese.
- Bake 350°F for about 30 minutes.
- Cut in servings and top with your favorite--for example, eggs, lettuce, tomatoes, olives, sour cream, etc.