boneless skinless chicken thighs, trimmed of excess fat
onions, finely chopped
2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans
reduced-sodium chicken broth
carrots, cut in 1/2 inch rounds, about 3 cups
2 (14 ounce) cans
artichoke hearts, drained, rinsed, and halved lengthwise
cooked white rice or
- Generously season chicken with salt and pepper. Heat 1 T butter in a Dutch Oven over med-high. Brown half the chicken on both sides, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with remaining butter and chicken. Set aside to cool.
- Reduce heat to med. Add 1/4 c water; scrape bottom of pan with wooden spoon to loosen browned bits. Add onions; cook until golden, about 5 minute Stir in flour; cook 1 minute more.
- Add broth and 1/2 cup water; bring to a boil. Add carrots, thyme, 1 t salt and 1/2 t pepper. Simmer til carrots are almost tender, about 5 minutes.
- Cut chicken into 1/2 inch chunks and return to pot. Cover and simmer until chicken is cooked through and sauce is thickened, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add artichokes; cook til warmed about 1 minute. Stir in parsley. Serve.