( Hellmans or Best Foods)
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt or 1/8 teaspoon
romaine lettuce, chopped
orange, sectioned and chopped
red onion, thinly sliced
- I like to make this in my mini food-processor, but I'll give the directions both ways.
- FOOD PROCESSOR: Combine all ingredients except pecans and blend well. Add pecans and blend so that some of the pecans are ground fairly fine and some are still recognizable.
- BY HAND: If you have anyway to crush the pecans, crush a tablespoon or so. Combine all ingredients and blend well.
- TOSS WITH SALAD: Add a little at a time and toss in an oversized bowl. Store leftover dressing in the fridge.
- NOTE: When we're dieting, I substitute low-fat mayo and sour cream.