3 1/2 cups
- Using a heavy mixer, beat the butter until light and creamy (about 2 minutes).
- Gradually add the sugar and beat well on medium speed for 6 minutes.
- Add the eggs, one at a time.
- Add the flour and whipping cream, alternating, but beginning and ending with flour and blending on low until mixture is well blended.
- Add the flavorings.
- Pour batter into a tube pan which has been greased and floured to prevent sticking.
- Bake at 300° for 1 1/2 hours (depending on your oven, it might take longer--insert a wooden toothpick in the center and if it comes out clean, the cake is done).
- Cool on wire rack for 15 minutes before turning out on to cake plate.
- This can also be baked in 2 loaf pans for 1 hour or so (use the toothpick method to test for doneness).