1 (7 g) packages
( 2 1/4 tsp)
- In a bowl combine flour, salt and dry yeast. Add soft butter and knead well.
- Add just enough lukewarm milk that smooth dough results. Knead for another 10 minutes on a working space sprinkled with flour. The dough should be soft and flexible.
- Divide into 12 equal pieces and form rolls. Put on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Cover with a cloth; let rise at warm temperature for about 1 hour. The rolls should be double in size.
- With a sharp knife slash the rolls once lengthwise. Brush on some cold milk and sprinkle with poppy seed, sesame seed, sunflower kernels or coarse sea salt.
- Bake at 230 C / 445 F on the middle rung for approximately 12-15 minutes until golden brown. Let cool on a wire rack.