4 -6 large
swiss chard leaves
chicken breast fillets
kaffir lime leaves, shredded finely
fresh red Thai chile, sliced thinly
lemongrass, finely chopped
( or minced)
fresh rice noodles
( 1 lb)
Sweet chilli dressing
sweet chili sauce
garlic clove, crushed
fresh coriander, finely chopped
- Drop swiss chard leaves into a pan of boiling water, drain immediately, then dip into a bowl of iced water until cold. Drain well.
- Place a chicken fillet on a swiss chard leaf, sprinkle with lime leaves, chilli and lemongrass. Wrap swiss chard leaf around chicken to enclose (you may need more than one leaf if they aren’t large enough).
- Line a bamboo steamer with baking paper or a heatproof plate. Place chicken in prepared steamer over a wok or pan of simmering water. Cover and steam about 15 minutes or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, place noodles in a large heatproof bowl, cover with hot water and stand for 5 minutes; drain.
- To make sweet chilli dressing combine all ingredients in a small screw-top jar and shake well.
- Toss half of the sweet chilli dressing through the noodles. Slice the chicken in thick slices and serve with noodles and remaining sweet chilli dressing.